How can we stay overnight?
To calculate the fair price for the use of property, it is necessary to correctly choose your method of overnight stay. There are many ways to spend the night and stay on the property, so it's not always quite clear which option of the 3 offered (tent, caravan, motorhome) to choose. Here we describe what options to choose in which situations:
Caravan / motorhome
- Select this form for each group consisting of a vehicle or motorcycle and a tent.
- The tent is expected to be of regular size for about 4 people. Please reserve more spots for larger tents. E.g. 2 tents for 8 people, etc.
- Please note that on some properties it may not be possible to park the vehicle by the tent. Please pay attention to the description and rules of the property.
- If you plan to sleep in a regular car (saloon, estate, SUV, etc.) and don't unpack the tent (or sleep in the open air, in a hammock, etc.), this form is also considered a 'tent'. Similarly, if you arrive at the property without a vehicle and you sleep in a tent or in the open, it is again a 'tent'.
- However, the exception is large cars such as the Transporter, Transit, etc., here it is necessary to choose 'motorhome' as the form of overnight stay. If you arrive at the place in the Transporter and choose 'motorhome' as the type of overnight stay, but the car isn't modified or intended for overnight stay, you can also put up one tent in the price of the motorhome without having to add it to the reservation.
- Include as many caravans as used in your group (don't count towing cars).
- Note that it's possible that it will be necessary to leave the towing car in a different place than where the caravan will be parked on some properties. However, this will be stated in the property description or in the rules.
- If there is a motorhome as a towing vehicle for any caravan, this vehicle (unlike cars) must be added to the reservation separately. Similarly, if you want to add a tent to your caravan, you also need to add it to your reservation.
- Please include as many motorhomes (or cars like a Transporter, Transit) as you would like to have in your group.
- If you choose the "motorhome" option for the Transporter without this car being designed or adapted for overnight stays, it is possible to set up one regular tent for this car (for about 4 people) without having to add the tent into the reservation.
- In case of sleeping in the rooftop tent on a regular car, choose the tent option. However, the exception is large cars such as a Transporter, Transit, etc., here it is necessary to choose 'motorhome' as the form of overnight stay.
- Note that on some properties it may not be possible to park the vehicle right by the tent, so the rooftop tent option can be considered another form of overnight stay. Please pay attention to the description and rules of the properties or agree individually with the owner using the 'Ask' function.
Hammock / sleeping in the open
- If you sleep in a tent, follow the rules for tents
- If you sleep in the open, choose tent and the appropriate number of people when making the reservation. Maximum 4 people per tent. So if you are 6 people, choose 2 tents
Sleeping in a cottage, tepee or other shelter located on the property
- Choose tent as the form of overnight stay for every 4 people. So if you are 10 people, choose 3 tents and 10 people or arrange individually with the owner using the 'Ask' function.
- Properties that offer such a special form of overnight stay should always indicate separately in the description how to choose the form of overnight stay, so read carefully the property description and the rules where everything will be explained.